1.Don’t put it off. If not now, when? Write every day.
2. Remember, inspiration can strike at any time. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner.) Always keep a notepad on you (or you can write in your phone, but that’s kind of a bummer).
3. Don’t be scared to take chances. Mix and match. Connect the dots. Take a leap, and it has the chance of turning out so, so good.
4. Observe the world around you. Remember that as interesting as your iphone is, some things are even better in real life (pictured above).
5. Pace yourself. Relax. Kick back. Enjoy the moments between bouts of insanely brilliant ideas.
6. Don’t be afraid to keep it simple. Sometimes the fancy wording and intense metaphors just aren’t worth it.
7. Sometimes, bigger is better. Make that crazy plot twist, and then add another. Trust your readers to keep up.
8. Listen to others. They’re your readers, and even though it doesn’t always seem like it, sometimes they know better.
9. Revise. If something doesn’t work, don’t go crazy. Just fix it.
And that’s it! That’s all you need to get those creative juices flowing. Now go, make masterpieces!